Saturday 26 May 2012

Jiminy cricket he flew the coop!

I went to see Moonrise Kingdom today! It was SO GOOD. I don't really know what to say about it, cos if you're familiar with Anderson's films then you know what to expect. My favourite scene was probably when they dance on the beach in their underwear to Francoise Hardy, it's really sweet and awkward. It perfectly captures that period of time when you're beginning to mature emotionally, and you have all these feelings, about which you're unable to articulate, or unsure what to do with...

And then there's the costumes and the soundtrack and the dialogue and all those familiar Andersonian tropes and um, did I mention it's SO GOOD?! Just go see it, ok?
I've got all Wes Anderson's films on dvd but this is the first I've ever seen on the big screen. I was really surprised actually, to find that it was showing in my local Cineworld, as they usually only show shitty blockbusters that are guaranteed to make millions. There was only about eight of us watching it though. 

I also went to see Lena Dunham's Tiny Furniture last night, where there was only six people in the theatre, which was a shame. I really enjoyed it, though most of the characters were pretty contemptible.

I also bought a nice shift dress pattern today and have made about half a dress. Since joining a sewing class I feel much more confident in my skills and less intimidated when confronted by a pattern, though that doesn't stop me from going wrong at every available opportunity. Anywhoooo I'll do a proper post on it when I'm finished. I'll leave you now with some pretty pictures...





No comments:

Post a Comment